We are in LOVE with vegan cheese. You can do so many things with it. I’m just so grateful to my sweet friend who introduced us to it. It’s so nice to have a cheese alternative. We’ve been experimenting with all kinds of “cheesy” things too. T requested a T-friendly rainbow pizza for Valentine’s Day and I’d say it was a big hit. If you are expecting cheddar cheese, then you will be disappointed. This stuff has the consistency and taste of Velvetta except it’s actually made out of “REAL” ingredients. I encourage you to give it a try and see what you think.
makes enough for 2 small pizzas
- 2 cups large white potatoes diced
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- ½ cup cooking water*
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- ⅛ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
*the leftover water from boiling the potatoes/carrots
- Boil potatoes and carrots until soft.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Heat in the microwave to make it spreadable.
- Freeze in ice cube trays to thaw out for later use.
- Double the recipe to freeze for future use.
- Spread it over a safe pizza crust. We buy our frozen gluten free pizza crusts from East Side Pies for $5 each.
- Top with your favorite safe ingredients and cook for 10 minutes at 375 degrees
Try it on pizza, pasta, nachos, or tortillas for quesadillas. You can even mix it with a can of rotel for a queso dip. YUMMY!
One thought on “Rainbow Heart Pizza with Vegan Cheese”
Love this. 🙂 And that pizza is GORGEOUS! Maybe I should pick up some East Side Pies crust next time I’m in town. xoxo